About Open Source Radio
Open Source Radio is an online radio station from Nijmegen that offers a stage to artists, music lovers, talent and promoters from the Electronic Music, Hiphop & Culture scenes. We try to connect different groups of people and stimulate collaborations, cross-pollination and development through a (3-day) accessible, but high-quality program. Furthermore we work together with festival organisations throughout the country. We are a small, driven and super-passionate team of volunteers. Innovation, diversity and (social) sustainability are important to us.
As our intern…
You are the driving force behind our communication department. Every week you make sure our content is ready to meet the world and shift with partners, artists, radiohosts and our coreteam to get everything set in time. In addition, you think along how we can take our marcom to a higher level, you contribute to the proper presentation of our festival collaborations, and we offer you the possibility to turn your (good) ideas into action. Down here you can find a selection of the work you’ll be doing:
– Contribute to the creation, planning and publication of content on our channels;
– Help in the preparation of and on the showdays of festival hostings;
– Creating and sending out artist designs;
– Sending out callsheets and keeping track of adjustments in our program;
– Cutting and uploading our radioshows to our mixcloud and our archive;
– Regular maintenance of our website (timetables, featured broadcasts etc.)
– Accompanying artists during their radio shows;
– Moreover there is room to think along with the other teams of Open Source Radio, including program, volunteers, technology and partnerships.
We do not have any requirements, but there are a number of things that will help you successfully go through this internship:
– You love the music we program;
– You work hard, accurately, critically(!) and dare to make mistakes (and learn from them);
– You don’t have a 9-5 mentality;
– You like to take initiative and are not afraid to show us your ideas;
– You speak English and preferably you understand Dutch;
– Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Indesign and audio/video editing programs is an advantage.
From january-february 2023 for a period of 6 months.
How to apply
Send motivation + CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of January. Don’t forget to include the requirements of your studies. Interviews will take place in the last week of January. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.